Our Latest Vacancies
Helpdesk Technical Lead
Helpdesk Technical Lead
Up to £32,500 + benefits including Company pension, Private medical insurance and Work from home
Summer 2022, you may be looking for a change – well this could be just the role for you!
Our client, an MSP (Managed Service Provider) is looking to recruit a Helpdesk Technical Lead to work on their busy helpdesk. Supporting a diverse range of organisations, including charities, education, manufacturing and more, no day will be the same as you manage a whole host of technical issues.
This dynamic company takes pride on the delivery and maintenance of an exceptionally high standard of IT support, services, and hosted solutions, and are now looking for an equally dynamic individual to join their growing support team.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the successful Helpdesk Technical Lead will be responsible for both inbound and outbound technical support activities; supporting services and solutions supplied to customers and will be the penultimate point of escalation for technical issues that require a fast and effective resolution.
This role is office based, although some element of working from home (after 6 months), for a maximum of 2 days per week (subject to management approval), will be available. You may also from time-to-time travel to customer locations throughout Berkshire, and occasionally further afield to customers based in the North of the UK; a company pool car is provided for this purpose when site visits are required.
The successful candidate will be someone who prides themselves upon delivering exceptional customer service, has excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritise workloads. Equally as important is that this is someone who thrives when working within a busy environment, is punctual, has excellent communication skills and is looking to further their career in the IT sector. You must be a team player and be able to disseminate your IT knowledge to junior members of the team in a professional and constructive manner.
- Ensure that the service desk meets its SLA requirements and exceeds targets
- Provide technical support on new and existing support cases both onsite and via telephone, remote control software and email
- Logging new support calls in the system when received either on the phone, via email or in person
- Share and distribute IT knowledge and expertise with fellow team members
- Provide onsite and remote migration / solution installation / configuration assistance as required
- Promote the company’s ethos of plain English IT solutions, with maximum emphasis on customer service excellence always
- Stay up to date with new technology products and services and recommending them to customers when they can be used as a solution to a current problem
- Act quickly upon alerts from automated systems that monitor both customer, and company hosted IT infrastructure
- Update the support system accurately with support information and timesheet details
- Suggest new services and solutions to customers that the company supplies where there is a definite need / requirement for such services
- Windows Server 2012+
- Microsoft Exchange 2013+
- Windows 10+ and Mac OSx
- Microsoft Office 2016+
- Microsoft 365 Modern Workplace Products and Services; Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Mobile Devices iOS, Android
- Firewall configuration and management
- Virtualisation Administration VMware vSphere, Hyper-V
- Backup Software, e.g., Acronis, Backup Assist, AppAssure
It would be great if you have had exposure to Microsoft SQL Server, Sophos UTM / Firewall Appliances Experience, InTune and AutoPilot but not essential.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.