Our Latest Vacancies
How does working for an established energy services provider for over 40 years sound? My client helps organisations manage their energy better and are well-respected within their division.
Data is key to this company’s role in the energy industry. The Data Engineering Team is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to design and develop data systems to support the rapid growth in the business. This will involve working with different types of data and systems, identifying areas for improvement, and designing new data processing pipelines and systems to provide a robust, scalable data platform for the future.
- Design robust data processing systems to replace existing manual or inefficient processes.
- Construct ETL pipelines and develop stored procedures to create efficient data applications and workflows using industry best practices.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability and quality, such as automating manual steps to increase the quality and speed of data processing where possible.
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods so that they can integrate with the company’s energy insights platform.
- Create functions and data views that allow other application and business users to easily interact with large datasets and processing systems.
- Document all designs, specifications and interfaces so that users can understand them clearly.
- Ensure environments are stable and available.
- Write production quality code including good unit test coverage.
- Keep up to date with advances in Data Engineering, including new applications and ways of working, so that the best industry-standard tools are always used in place of bespoke solutions.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or other related disciplines, or professional qualifications and experience in the field of Data Engineering.
- Experience working on data pipelines at scale using the latest technologies.
- Desirable to have previously worked with Data Scientists.
- Desirable to have demonstrable continuous professional development in programming languages such as Python, C#, or Java.
Skills / Ability:
- Good knowledge of the relevant technologies e.g. SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Python, ETL pipelines, Airflow, Hadoop, Parquet.
- Comfortable working in Linux and docker deployment environments.
- In-depth understanding of data modelling, access and storage.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to present solutions and limitations to non-IT business experts.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Pension scheme after 3 months - matching up to 8% of employee contribution
- Simplyhealth Cash Plan after probationary period
- Professional qualifications sponsorship
- Career development opportunities in a growing Group of companies
- Increasing holiday with length of service (20 – 25 days pa plus bank holidays)
- Holiday EXTRA - purchase up to 5 days extra holiday per year
- Employee Assistance programmes – health, legal, counselling (through Simply Health).
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.