Our Latest Vacancies
IT Support Engineer
We have an opening for an ambitious IT Support Engineer to support clients and to drive growth within the business. With training paid for, healthcare scheme, rising holiday, interest free loan for annual season ticket and company pension scheme, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a company that can provide excellent career progression.
An entrepreneurial Croydon based ICT consultancy that was founded 17 years ago, my client has exciting expansion plans and is looking for a like-minded individual to join their team for the long-term. They offer funding for IT training, they have a fantastic working environment, they work hard, play hard and reward their employees well!
The successful applicant will need to develop skills ranging from desktop and server support through to network design. They will be involved in all aspects of ICT systems implementation & support including project proposals, installation & implementation, configuration, maintenance, support, and on-going client management.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Manage client requests for support and project work
- Provide customers with technical support and advice pertinent to their infrastructure
- Investigation of new technologies for new solutions for clients
- Office systems improvement
- Identify potential new business from new and existing clients
- Due to the nature and size of the organisation there will be:
- The opportunity to become an integral part of the management and on-going development of a successful company
- The potential for rapid career fulfilment – not possible in larger organisations
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies
- We are looking for an IT candidate with:
- Experience of working for an IT Managed Services Provider / IT Support Organisation
- ‘Entrepreneurial spirit’
- A keen sense of how to provide excellent customer service
- A real ability to multi-task and juggle priorities
- Excellent communication skills
What We Are Looking For – Our Ideal IT Support Engineer Will Have the Following Technical Expertise:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Office 365 Support
- Server and PC hardware components.
- Networking troubleshooting and diagnostics - TCP/IP, routing, subnets.
- Good understanding of Domain Name Management, DNS, web site hosting, and MX records.
- Routers, hubs, and switches
- Network security
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Antivirus/Anti-Spyware and Anti-Spam principles and solutions
- Firewall/UTM devices.
In addition, any knowledge of Apple Mac systems, Linux, a basic understanding of telecoms and recent versions on desktop applications such as Adobe’s products, Sage etc. would be a bonus.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.