Our Latest Vacancies
Senior IT Engineer
Are you a Senior IT Engineer looking to join a well-established, co-educational day and boarding school? My client
strives to develop the individual talents of every girl and boy. Pupils are prepared for life with an assured set of values and with the belief that they can make a difference in society.
As first point of contact for IT Support responsible for providing a broad range of technical support and troubleshooting assistance for staff and pupils over the phone, via email or face-to-face. To monitor all critical systems, such as anti-virus, networking equipment, server hardware systems, and respond to alerts generated by these systems appropriately.
- To ensure the delivery of IT services to defined Service Levels.
- To respond to users and effectively resolve IT support issues over the phone, via email or face to face
- To provide support desk cover for first line support.
- To provide second line support and resolution for general technical issues and third line support in areas of expertise.
- To ensure that IT systems are adequately backed up and disaster recovery procedures are in place.
- To operate, install, update and work with equipment such as smartboards, external storage devices, computer diagnostic tools, printers etc.
- To support the design, installation and configuration of software and hardware across the network
- To perform routine maintenance of computer/network systems to ensure efficient operations.
- To carry out hardware repairs of IT devices including mobile devices.
- To replace or upgrade existing IT infrastructure such as terminals and printers.
- To be part of the out of hours IT support Service On Call Rota on a rotational basis
Technical Skills, Experience:
- Microsoft Office 365 administration including OneNote, OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Office 365 in the classroom (Microsoft Teams/Classroom).
- Apple technologies (i.e. Apple School Manager, Classroom app etc.) and Apple hardware.
- Microsoft SCCM.
- Server Virtualisation (i.e. VMWare).
- Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies, AD Federation Services.
- Microsoft Messaging & Collaboration (i.e. MS Exchange, MS Lync).
- MS Windows operating systems.
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Rota: Technicians are working in shifts 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm and 10am to 6pm. During school terms they have one technician on duty Saturdays 8am to 12:30pm. This is rota based and comes once, max twice during a half term.
- Statutory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Fee Discounts
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays (increases per annum)
- Dining Facilities and Refreshments
- Health Fitness and Wellbeing
- Cycle to Work Interest free loan subject to qualifying conditions
- Free Parking: Free car parking for staff is available on campus
- Computer Loan
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search