Our Latest Vacancies
£37,000 to £40,000+ Excellent Benefits including, 27 days holiday, pension (3% employer matched), corporate rates for private medical insurance, sharesave scheme, childcare, local and high street discounts.
Interested? Here’s more …
Duties and responsibilities will include more than just running tests, the BAU Test Analyst will be an active participant in the entire software development process. They will collaborate with both business teams and the software development teams, including 3rd party organisations, during the start-up phase of a project, right up to the point of live use.
The BAU Test Analyst will possess strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Planning of testing; including formulation of test plans, objectives, and quality criteria
- Responsible for planning of own workload in line with business testing priorities, short and medium term
- Design and development of test conditions and user stories in conjunction with Business Analysts, Development Teams, and 3rd party suppliers
- Participate in peer review of software development cycle deliverables e.g., Requirements
- Review project documentation and interpret requirements to provide accurate test estimations and comprehensive test scripts
- Liaison with Business Analysts/SME’s to define appropriate test coverage.
- Ensure that test scripts are created in a structured way, to reflect the business priorities and are approved and signed off by the appropriate stakeholders
- Write and store test scripts in the appropriate test tool
- Write and maintain regression test packs ensuring test coverage is adequate
- Design and maintain test data
- Execute tests and ensure results are accurately recorded in the appropriate test tool
- Report and track any issues observed as part of the testing related activities, liaise with developers to manage, and retest where required
- Responsible for reporting any project risks or issues found during testing
- Responsible for deciding the priority and severity of defects found during testing
- Produce accurate and meaningful test reports
Do you have the required skills & experience?
- Strong manual testing experience
- Experience of executing System Test, System Integration & UAT Test Cases
- Demonstrable experience of planning and executing software, application, and infrastructure testing plan
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile project management frameworks
- Experience within the financial sector beneficial
- An understanding of the end-to-end process of an IT project lifecycle
- Experience of Automation testing
- Understanding of fault management and tracking
- Excellent quality test scripting, execution, and defect reporting
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Experience of using HP ALM/Quality Centre or similar test management tool
- Ability to communicate effectively and liaise on a technical level with Business Analysts, Developers and Operations to gain required knowledge for the design and creation of testing plans, scripts and supporting documents
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to understand, communicate & manage risk of delivery
- Proactive and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to work across multiple initiatives adjusting to shifting priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and effective time management
- Ideally the candidate will be qualified to ISEB / ISTQB or equivalent level
Key Skills: Business analysis, Analysis, Test analyst, Financial Services, Insurance, Banking, Agile, Waterfall, Prince2, ISEB, ISTQB, HP Quality Centre, ALM, API, test scripting, UAT
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.