Our Latest Vacancies
IT Cluster Manager
Our client, one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in England is currently looking to recruit an experienced ICT Manager who will hold responsibility for all aspects of technical ICT operations in North London. The role exists to facilitate the Regional Service Delivery Manager, in a senior technical capacity to deliver an effective, fit for purpose ICT service.
Offering a competitive salary of £37,722; you will be entitled to a continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programme using industry certified accreditation, a pension scheme with a Local Government pension provider and a generous holiday allowance for support staff, starting at 25 days per year, rising to 30 days after five years (plus 8 Bank Holidays). Joining this great, rapidly growing organisation will give you the opportunity to fully utilise your current skillset whilst learning new processes and procedures. They offer a great work life balance and believe in training their staff to maximise their full potential.
Due to the nature of this position that you will be required to undertake a full DBS/CRB check.
- Act in a supervisory and hands-on capacity to ensure the smooth running, maintenance and development of ICT systems to facilitate Teaching, Learning, Administration and Leadership for academies within the designated area.
- To lead and manage the onsite support teams in your area to deliver a high quality, cost effective support service.
- To act in a senior technical capacity providing advice, completing projects and technical support both remotely and face to face.
- To support pupils and staff in the appropriate use of ICT, through advice or training
- To work with the regional service delivery manager to deliver ICT support, plan and execute projects and develop ICT in line with the academy’s and wider development plans
- To support other technicians in performing their day to day duties, by providing technical and procedural advice.
- To travel to academies in your area to develop and train onsite teams, oversee projects and manage equipment/software failures.
- To provide a local communication\liaison point between IT and the academy leadership teams and build relationships with onsite technical teams, the assigned sites and the Regional Service Delivery manager.
- To assist in the delivery of, and operate within, the agreed SLA.
- To manage and escalate service requests to RSDM to avoid service breaches. To attend project meetings and build operational relationships with academy leadership teams where appropriate.
- Perform advanced diagnosis procedures on PCs, peripherals and applications.
- Advise on compatibility of hardware, applications and operating systems, according to user requirements.
- Build, test and deploy images for client machines using Ghost or WDS
- Manage and Maintain server and network systems for the assigned sites, including performing server recovery and migration work.
- Install and maintain standard network cabling; perform diagnostic and recovery routines on network equipment; configure network clients with appropriate server information and software.
- Install, maintain and support Cisco Phones
- Install software and CDs on servers/desktops in accordance with the necessary change control procedures.
- Maintain hardware and software on the servers; set disk space and printer quotas; create network shares and manage access rights; monitor system logs.
- Responsible for the completion of weekly, termly and annual checks to server, client devices and network infrastructure, recording potential issues on the Call Management System and escalating where required.
The successful applicant will be ITIL qualified with full right to work in the UK and you will be required to complete an advanced DBS vetting process.
It is essential that applicants have experience of working in a senior IT role with strong knowledge/experience of using service software packages whilst working to SLA’s.
If you hold the experience required to confidently perform within this role and would like the opportunity to be a part of a growing IT Team supporting a number of schools / academies in the London area, then this is a fantastic time to be part of the team in one of the largest, dynamic, multi-academy trusts in the UK… APPLY TODAY!
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruitIT Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.