As our Furlough scheme draws to a close, we expect the candidate driven market to change into a client driven market. You have probably heard...
Our Latest Vacancies
The IT Test Analyst
The job holder will be responsible for planning and executing the testing of applications and systems prior to their launch into the live environment. Duties and responsibilities will include more than just running tests. Duties and responsibilities will include more than just running tests.
- Reviewing Business Requirement Definition Documents and producing appropriate Test Scripts.
- Ability to understand Business Requirements and produce appropriate Test Scripts.
- Executing Test Scripts
- Testing on the high-profile Migration activities from the Mainframe to the new Oracle based solution.
- Adhere to the defect management reporting, resolution and retesting process.
- Ensure all test results are appropriately documented.
- Liaison with Internal Support Teams and 3rd Party suppliers to facilitate End to End Interface testing and internal model office testing.
- Liaison with Business Analysts/SME’s to define appropriate test coverage.
- Performing other Testing duties as required.
- As part of this role some out of hours, including weekend, working may be needed.
- Deal with or escalate any identified risks in relation to risk policies and/or legislative and regulatory guidelines in accordance with the group risk framework.
The IT Test Analyst – Over to You!
The successful candidate will hold strong manual testing experience within a financial services setting, as well as Business Analysis experience. You will have hands-on experience of executing System Test, System Integration & UAT Test Cases. Additionally, our client is looking for the following experience and attributes:
- Experience of working on a Data Migration project
- Solid experience in HP Quality Centre /ALM
- API experience (including contact with external parties)
- Excellent quality test scripting, execution, and defect reporting.
- Experience with busy projects and challenging test phase timelines.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to mentor business users / subject matter experts in all aspects of Test Analyst tasks
- Self-motivated, and able to motivate others.
- Professional, confident, credible, with a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail and effective time management.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and orally.
- Able to hit the ground running within a team and project that is already established.
- Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall based Test Teams
Ideally the candidate will be qualified to ISEB / ISTQB or equivalent level.
Key Skills: Business analysis, Analysis, Test analyst, Financial Services, Insurance, Banking, Agile, Waterfall, Prince2, ISEB, ISTQB, HP Quality Centre, ALM, API, test scripting, UAT
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.