As our Furlough scheme draws to a close, we expect the candidate driven market to change into a client driven market. You have probably heard...
Our Latest Vacancies
Remote Senior Solutions Engineer
A group with over 100 staff and an annual group turnover of £80m, they partner with the world’s leading technology manufacturers and hold a strong reputation for their solutions and innovations. Possessing a multitude of accreditations, certifications and awards, the successful Senior Solutions Engineer will be joining a renowned and rapidly growing organisation.
£45,000 - £50,000 plus benefits: gym membership contribution, health cash plan, free breakfast every day, childcare contributions and much more…
This is a remote working / working from home opportunity, however with a clients based in and surrounding London, the successful applicant must be happy to visit clients on site.
What will the role of Senior Solutions Engineer look like?
- Provide Tier 3 support and implementation tasks for Windows Server 2012 R2+ (Active Directory, Group Policy, File and Print Sharing, DNS, RDS, High Availability options)
- Provide Microsoft 365 Support, implementation and migration tasks (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint, Endpoint Manager (formerly InTune), Azure AD, OneDrive for Business, PowerShell Online, Directory Sync and Identity Management).
- You will be responsible for network troubleshooting and diagnostics fundamentals (General Network Connectivity, TCP/IP v4, DHCP, DNS).
- Involvement in Solution architecture/design, including liaising with customers to understand their needs and the technical solutions that can be put in place to address them.
- Solution build and implementation.
- Involvement with VMware vSphere (v6+) / Hyper-V (2012 R2+) Administration and VM Deployment
- The Senior Microsoft Solutions Engineer will be required to manage and resolve customer and infrastructure alerts and events, impacting System BAU operations.
- You will be part of the extended hours call rota. The 24-hour rota is in place for any escalations that come through after hours.
- Assisting Tier 1 and Tier 2 Engineers, this includes training, supporting, upskilling and knowledge transfer where appropriate.
- Tier 2 and Tier 3 desktop support for Windows 10 Devices (Client Support in a managed environment, OS Troubleshooting, Client Software Support (ie, Microsoft Office Applications, Endpoint Protection Solutions, Other Common Productivity and B2B Packages).
Who will suit the Senior Solutions Engineer role?
- Experience providing Tier 3 support within an Enterprise Windows Environment.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with strong attention to detail and exceptional standards in quality of work.
- Strong and effective communication skills both verbally via the telephone and in writing via emails.
- Ability to demonstrate solutions to customers when necessary.
- A strong understanding of technology and how multiple platforms and services interoperate.
- Security mindset, considering the ramifications and considerations of client security when implementing and supporting solutions.
- Ability to drive continual improvements (both internally and to our clients) through the use of technology and process implementation and refinement
- Manage customer expectations ensuring a smooth and efficient process, report back requested information in a timely manner
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.