As our Furlough scheme draws to a close, we expect the candidate driven market to change into a client driven market. You have probably heard...
Our Latest Vacancies
IT Business Analyst
The IT Business Analyst
The purpose of this role is to support the selection and implementation of a new software solution and operating model. Understanding the current and to-be business processes, documenting the business requirements and playing an active role in the RFI process.
- Lead requirement gathering workshops with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Manage key stakeholders to ensure engagement and participation across the programme.
- Document business processes and requirements.
- Gain business and key stakeholder buy-in to requirements.
- Play an active role in the RFI process, clearly documenting business requirements so that all parties are able to understand, assessing responses, evaluating supplier demonstrations, validation against requirements and performing gap analysis.
- Assess the feasibility of the recommended solution from a business perspective.
- Assess the impact of the solution on various stakeholders.
- Manage changes to business requirements including full impact analysis.
- Support the business in defining (and where appropriate executing) test plans including creating test scenarios.
- Work with the end users to support transition to BAU and to work with the new solution.
- Negotiate and influence stakeholders and manage resolutions where conflicts arise.
- Understand and contribute to project plans and implement agreed actions in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the agreed project methodology and provide feedback where appropriate.
- Proactively provide project support to the project manager and project teams.
- Manage project risks and issues.
The IT Business Analyst – Over to You!
The job holder will be an experienced Business Analyst with the ability to perform basic project management duties (project planning, issue and risk management, governance), working within a project team to deliver the chosen solution.
The Business Analyst will ideally possess experience within a similar role in the Financial Services Industry and be comfortable liaising with external supplier partners as well as internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Significant practical experience in a similar role with demonstrable experience of delivering projects to time, quality and budget.
- Experience with off the shelf technology packages and vendor selection activities such as defining business requirements / software selection criteria, facilitating and evaluating supplier demonstrations, gap analysis processes, software customisation, configuration, testing and implementation. Design and documentation of business processes and procedures.
- Ability to perform basic Project Management duties including planning, issue/ risk management, governance.
- Able to work within Waterfall and Agile project management frameworks.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to adapt communication style to all levels of staff.
- Strong business process mapping (Visio) and analysis experience.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Stakeholder management and conflict resolution.
- PRINCE II certification an advantage, or equivalent
- Ideally the successful candidate will be qualified to ISEB / ISTQB or equivalent level. IIBA, BCS, PMI or equivalent Business Analysis certification an advantage.
Key Skills: Business Analyst, Analysis, BA, Business Change, Business Improvement, Financial Services, Insurance, Banking, Workshop, Stakeholder, Project Delivery, Agile, Waterfall, Prince2, Visio, Business Process Mapping, IIBA, BCS, PMI.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.